The section resources contains the public results of the project including the dissemination material (newsletters, papers, posters) to be downloaded
- NEW! Published the sixth project newsletter, dedicated to the project final results – December 2019
- Published the fifth project newsletter, dedicated to some of the top-performance bio-based end products manufactured within the project – July 2019
- Released the fourth project newsletter, dedicated to a better understanding of KaRMA2020 positive impact on the society! – December 2018
- Third project newsletter published:”KaRMA2020 Pilot scale facilities up and running!” – June 2018
- Find out more about the project results in the second project newsletter – January 2018
- Enjoy reading the first project newsletter – June 2017
- Enjoy reading the article “Fully Biodegradable Biocomposites with High Chicken Feather Content” published in the journal Polymers (Polymers 2017, 9, 593)
- Enjoy reading the article “Making Textiles from Waste. The technical textile solution to industrial waste”, published Health and Safety International (April 2017)
- Enjoy reading the article “Innovation Intelligence in the Bioeconomy Sector”, published in the BIOECOFIN Magazine (released for the BIOECONFIN 2017 event – Brussels, 22 November 2017)
- Enjoy reading the article “Flexible Biocomposites with Enhanced Interfacial Compatibility Based on Keratin Fibers and Sulfur-Containing Poly(urea-urethane)s” published in the Polymers (September 2018)
- Find out more info about KaRMA2020 in our brochure
- Have a look at new KaRMA2020 poster
- KaRMA2020 Workshop Invitation: The Green Chemistry & White Biotechnology – (Bio-)Polymers and Ecocircularity Conference, 8th and 9th May 2019 (Brussels, Belgium)
- New project brochure updated with the latest KaRMA2020 results
- NEW! Market Survey: Future perspectives of the bio-based market and opportunities for KaRMA2020
SCIENTIFIC AND POPULARIZED PUBLICATIONS (new)
Below are provided information about the scientific and peer reviewed publications elaborated from M19 to M36, in the frame of the project dissemination strategy.
- Flexible Biocomposites with Enhanced Interfacial Compatibility Based on Keratin Fibers and Sulfur-Containing Poly(urea-urethane) (September 2018);
- Improved Thermal Insulating Properties of Renewable Polyol Based Polyurethane Foams Reinforced with Chicken Feathers, in collaboration with IBWCh, (December 2019, Polymers 2019, 11, 2002;)
- Green process to regenerate keratin from feathers with an aqueous deep eutectic solvent, (June 2019);
- Evaluation of thermal stability of keratin fibers as a component of spun-bonded nonwovens for the manufacture of thermoset bio-based composites (FIBRES &TEXTILES in n Eastern Europe, Reviewed 13.05.2019);
- Cross-linked polyfuran networks with elastomeric behaviour based on humins biorefinery byproducts (2019), Gold Open Access Paper;
- Biorefinery by-products and epoxy biorenewable monomers: a structural elucidation of humins and triglycidyl ether of phloroglucinol crosslinking (2019);
- Synthesis of Resins Using Epoxies and Humins as Building Blocks: A Mechanistic Study Based on insitu FT-IR and NMR Spectroscopies (Molecules IF. 3.060, 2019);
The following peer reviewed publications are currently under submission and review phase, and official information are to be released in the next months.
- Films from an aqueous suspension of alkaline pretreated and fine milled chicken feathers. Submitted on 9.12.2019 to Materials Science and Applications. Current status: Under review;
- Bio-Based Composites from Industrial By-products and Wastes as Raw Materials. Current status: the paper was submitted into the Composites Sci & Technoland;
- Composite nonwovens with natural additives. Current status: the paper was just reviewed and the article will be published in Fibres & Textiles in Eastern Europe, probably in January 2020. After that date, an open access link can be provided.
- Bio-based flame retardants from waste source, paper submitted in the 5th Green & Sustainable Chemistry Conference, planned for May 10th -13th 2020 (Bonn, Germany). The Conference will be held after the project ends but the paper was previously submitted.
The following popularized, non-scientific publications were issued by the KaRMA2020 partners in the frame of the communication actions.
- De plumas de pollo a biocomposites completamente biodegradables (March 2018);
- Chicken plastic and wine leather – giving waste new life (popularized publication; July 2018);
- Recycling Keratine-gebaseerde materialen uit industrieel verenafval (January 2019) – the journal is distributed to the CTB members;
- Brandgedrag & Vlamvertragers (October 2018);
- Retardantes a la llama bio-basados y sostenibles (Publication on a specialized magazine, July 2019)
- Market analysis in the bioeconomy sector (il Bioconomista, September 2018);
- CiaoTech, l’Innovation Intelligence nella bioeconomia – Gli studi sulle bioplastiche nell’ambito del progetto KaRMA2020, (Publication on a specialized magazine: Chimica Magazine, December 2019. The article was also distributed in hard copies of the magazine.)